Most professional video editors for Mac set you back hundreds of dollars. That's why it's surprising that Apple's Motion features professional quality editing power for less than $50.
Packed with editing features
Motion is incredibly feature rich for such an economical package. It doesn't offer as much power as After Effects, but it's not far off. The number of features is enormous but includes Smart Motion Templates for instant effects, 2D and 3D modelling, Text Animation plus direct exporting to YouTube and Vimeo. The entire list is exhaustive though and covers just about all the major features you need in a special effects package.
Surprisingly easy to use
The Motion interface is a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel to anyone that's worked with a major image editing application such as Photoshop. It makes it very easy to customize Final Cut Pro titles, Smart Motion Templates make it easy to add special effects and even 2D/3D modelling isn't too complicated. To apply a special effect, just choose from one of the 230 different behaviors.
An excellent alternative to After Effects
For those that can't afford After Effects or don't want the steep learning curve that comes with it, Motion is definitely worth trying.
- • Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render
- • Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects
- • Fixes a stability issue when splitting layers in the timeline
- • Fixes an issue where launching a plug-in with a check box could require multiple clicks
- • Fixes a stability issue with CoreMelt plug-ins